The Faculty of Applied Science is a place for education and research on science. Science is a study that engages in a “dialogue with Nature” to understand the principles and laws working in the natural world. We strive to unravel the mysteries of nature, starting by asking simple questions such as “Why?” and “How?” The principal incentives to do most research activities lie in pure interest, and human wisdom has been accumulated in this manner for many generations. Sometimes the understanding of Nature directly results in applied use in the real world. Other times, it takes a long time before the understanding of Nature brings a significant change to our lifestyles.
Mission and Vision
The vision of the Faculty of Applied Science will strive to be a dynamic center of innovation and creativity dedicated to teaching, lifelong learning, professionalism, research, entrepreneurship, and partnership with local and global communities.
The mission of the Faculty of Applied Science is to develop nationally and globally competent, adaptable citizens with scientific excellence through innovative multidisciplinary approaches, applied research, and professional guidance, who are instilled with positive values and attitudes for the betterment of society.
Also, the Faculty of Applied Science comprises a unique constellation of disciplines. The core purpose is to discover, design, innovate, provide unwavering top-tier education and research community of responsible professionals.
1. To impart practical knowledge to students about Fundamentals and Applications of technical.
2. To prepare students for taking all academic subjects as necessary for life and give them humane, realistic and positive approach by encouraging them to take part in all curricular, co-curricular and extra-curricular activities.
3. Promote relevant trans-disciplinary research to address the needs of industry and important national issues.
4. Enhance academic research through project-based research fund raising and facilitate improvement of research facilities in partner department
5. Establishing cooperation and deepening existing liaison with universities and foreign partners, as well as other organizations whose activities are related to internationalization (e.g. the Fulbright Commission)
6. Taking actions to ensure the use and promotion of digital mobility management tools.
1. Improvement and development of teaching quality by:
Developing and updating the curriculum to meet the requirements and qualifications of European accreditation institutions and associations.
Having a team of qualified and divers department members to enhance our global reputation for the generation of new ideas and transformative discoveries.
Strengthening links with international universities and encouraging students for exchange programs.
2. Student Experience
Continue to develop summer training and internships in leading companies in the region.
Encouraging the students to join international competitions .
Support our students by strategic efforts to build upon educational, extra- and curricular experiences.
Encouraging alumni and volunteers to return and inspire prospective students.
Measure our progress in achieving our mission and vision .
Increase staff retention and enhance succession planning within the Faculty .
Continues review and development of syllabus to meet the market needs
To apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering.
To analyze, design, and implement software and hardware solutions.
To Identify, interpret and analyze stakeholder needs, establish priorities and goals , constraints and uncertainties of the computer systems( Social, Cultural, legislative forensics, environmental, business etc..)
To apply problem solving, design and decision-making methodologies to develop components, systems and/or processes to meet specified requirements.
To model the structure and behavior of real or virtual systems, components and processes.
To coordinate range of disciplinary and interdisciplinary activities in addition to exercise of effective communication to arrive at problem and design solutions in team contexts.
To use different methods, techniques, modern tools and skills for engineering practice in real engineering projects.
To have self-organization, self-review, personal development and lifelong learning.
To handle professional and ethical responsibilities.
To explain an engineer’s responsibilities to employee, society and their fellow engineers along with identifying latent ethical problems.
To understand the impact of computer engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.