National Workshop – Crimean Congo Hemorrhagic Fever
In collaboration with Hawler Medical University, College of Medicine, the Department of Medical Analysis, Faculty of Applied Sciences at Tishk International University (TIU) organized a National Workshop titled: Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever virus (CCHFV), held on October 23rd, 2023. Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever virus (CCHFV) is a tick-borne pathogen that can cause a wide range of symptoms and complications in humans. The workshop aimed to investigate the immunobiology of CCHFV and better understand the causes of variation in patient outcomes.
The speakers of the workshop included:
Speaker 1: Asst. Prof. Dr. Amin Aziz Bakir
1. Head of Department of Physiology, Microbiology and Genetics at Hawler Medical University.
2. PhD in Infection and Immunity, University of Leicester – United Kingdom.
Speaker 2: Asst. Prof. Dr. Ramiar Kamal Kheder
1. Academic Part-time staff at TIU and at Raparin University and
2. Post doctoral study in tumor immunology-Karolinska institute-Sweden, 2020.
3. PhD in Infection, Immunity and Inflammation, University of Leicester – United Kingdom, 2017.
The workshop provided a brief overview of the virus, its causes, widespread geographic distribution, especially in KRI, pathological effects, immune-inflammatory response, control, and prevention. The attendees from both universities gained valuable insights into the virus and its impact on human health.